Peppermint Latte and Mojito Review: Peep into Fashion

Yay, Wei Ni is back with another great review on two minty flavours! Enjoy! And do make sure to read the reviews she's done so far, they're extremely descriptive of the flavours, and thus can be very helpful when deciding which flavour is for you! :)
Click here for the review!


*shortened to only flavour reviews*

Peppermint Latte
"If you love Peppermints and if you love Dog Poop you are sure to love this Peppermint Latte flavoured lip balm by My Lip Stuff! This is basically the toned down version of Dog Poop, which by the way essentially tastes just like Starbuck’s Caramel Macchiato! So just imagine Starbucks’s Caramel Macchiato with just a hint of Peppermint! Truly delish!

The Peppermint kinda reminds me of that Polo mint candy we had ages ago! The one with the hole in the middle. Do you guys remember it? Wonder if there are any still around, gotta go get me some!

The peppermint flavour itself isn’t too strong so even if you’re not that big a fan of mint, you definitely won’t be put off by this flavour. However, because this balm does have mint inside, it does provide a slight cooling, tingling sensation to your lips that is not unlike the feeling you get from using LipIce. Just the sensation isn’t quite as strong as LipIce.
So at the end of the day, this is the basic formula of Peppermint Latte!

Polo Mint + Starbuck’s Caramel Macchiato = My Lip Stuff’s Peppermint Latte Lip Balm.
Repurchase? Probably yes!!! I love Peppermint! I love coffee! Therefore I LOVE this balm! So you guys must GO GO GO GET IT! Hahahahaha "

Mojito
"Okay, I was actually really, really excited about this balm, because personally I LOVE the drink! I mean come on! The Rum, the Lime, the Mint, the Sugar. Ahhhhh, simply heaven! So naturally when I opened up this balm I expected it to be pretty close to the actual drink. But sadly, the Mojito-ness just wasn’t there. :(

It reminds me a little of Key Lime Pie, I think it’s because the scent and flavour of the lime is quite strong. The Mint & Peppermint not as much as I would like, but it does still leave a nice cool tingling sensation on your lips after you apply it. Although, I must say one saving grace for this balm is the fact that it is Sweetened! So when you lick you lips, you can actually taste the lime, the sugar and a very mild flavour of mint. Which basically means one word… YUM!

Overall, not a bad flavour, but nothing to shout about either. I just wished the mint flavour was a little stronger, and maybe the lime flavour a little milder, than maybe it would be like a real Mojito! YUM!
Repurchase? 50-50. Love the mint bits, but wish the lime was a little less. But will definitely be opening up my Shirley Temple lip balm soon! :)"

Review Credits: Peep into Fashion

0 comments:

Post a Comment